Communications and Parent ClassLink Apps Update
Our transition to Parent ClassLink for our parent portal and PowerSchool as our Student Information System (or SIS) is progressing. PowerSchool grades and attendance will be down for a few days into next week so our staff can enter grades, ensure their classes are set, and review data to make sure everything communicated home is accurate. At this time, we ask all families to complete the following:
- If you have not subscribed to building and district newsletters, please do that here: https://www.granvilleschools.org/SubscribetoDistrictSchoolNews.aspx
- In PowerSchool, you can now complete the following Forms: Health Information Update, Permissions/Agreements, and Student Contacts Update. To access these Forms, log into PowerSchool. On the left side of the screen, one of the tabs is called “Forms”. Click on that, and those three forms are under “Returning” for returning students. The other forms on that page are there as needed for families. We ask that these forms be completed by the end of the Labor Day weekend.
- Ride 360 has an app that is functional with Android or iPhone devices. We will use this app to communicate to parents. To download the app onto your smart phone, follow the instructions below:
How to access the Traversa Ride 360 mobile application for smart phones:
- Download “Traversa Ride 360” from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- After the app installation is complete, open Traversa Ride 360.
- When prompted to find your school district, search for Granville Schools.
- Once you have selected your district, you will proceed to the login page. If you do not already have a registered email, click ‘Register’ and follow the instructions. You will need your student’s school ID number.
- Log in, then find a student by going to My Students and choosing the + button. This will present the “Find a Student” screen.
- Enter the Student ID to find your student. Repeat this step to add additional students.
- Once you have linked to a student, click on that student’s profile to see all relevant transportation information.
- Press the “share” button to share a student link with someone else. Enter the email of the person you would like to share with. That person will receive a confirmation email that will automatically link them to the shared student(s). Recipients must register with Ride 360, if they have not already done so, to access the student information.
- Regularly check for updates to ensure that your device is running the latest version of the app. Ensure notifications are on for the app.
- Remain logged into the app to receive district notifications, even when the app is not actively running. Ride 360 will show you where the bus is located on the route each day.
- If there are any updates or clarifications needed related to bus routes, please call the GEVSD bus garage at (740) 587-8107.
- PayForIt is up and running for school lunch accounts. If you are experiencing trouble with PayForIt, their help line is 877-393-6628. Late next week or shortly after Labor Day, we will provide information on how parents can access and pay for school fees, log into our Learning Management System called Schoology, and review School Messenger data. Those apps are not available to access yet even though you may see them in the Parent ClassLink Portal. If you have not received the initial email or letter that provides instruction on how to log into Parent ClassLink, PowerSchool, Ride 360 and PayForIt, please email Assistant Superintendent Ryan Bernath at [email protected].
Student Fees for 2022-2023
Granville Schools are pleased to announce a reduction in fees for this school year. The Granville Board of Education voted in June to eliminate the 7th-12th grade activity fee, the Chromebook fee, and GES grade level fees. The rationale for the elimination of the fees is to help with inflation and the rising costs of all goods and services. Fees in general will not be available to pay until after Labor Day, as we want to allow for schedule adjustments and the implementation of PowerSchool, our new student information system.
2022-2023 School Lunch Information
During the last school year, children and families benefitted from no-cost school meals for all students, made possible by special permission from the United States Department of Agriculture. Unfortunately, these permissions have expired. Granville Schools and the Ohio Department of Education cannot extend the permissions for no-cost meals for all students.
School meals will still be available to all students; however, they will not be free to all students. Households may apply for free or reduced-price meal benefits by completing the applications that are available on our website as was done before the pandemic. Eligibility for free and reduced-price lunch is based on federal income guidelines or participation in other programs such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and Ohio Works First. For additional information concerning the National School Lunch Program, please see the U.S. Department of Agriculture school lunch question and answer webpage.
For the 2022-23 school year, the price of reduced and paid lunches will be as follows:
- Grades K-6 $3.00
- 7-12 $3.25
- Reduced Price Students, All Grades $0.40
For questions or additional information about our food service program please contact Jon Harbaugh at [email protected]. If you have questions regarding the free and reduced lunch application, contact Kelli Small at [email protected].
Don't forget to sign up for building newsletters when your children progress up to a new building! To do this, visit www.granvilleschools.org and then click on "Departments" at the top of the page. Choose "Communication" and then click on the left under "Subscribe to District and School News". You also may unsubscribe from any building newsletters by choosing that school and clicking "unsubscribe" or contact Janelle King at the District Office at [email protected].